Search This Blog

Contributors

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Thats Sallot

The Shallots that were put in about a month ago have settled in nicely all have now been thinned and are growing away.
Dan saw his first ladybird last week, I had to wait while today. I will be planting all my Spuds in the next couple of days I will be planting up 100 bags shared between 8 variety's I have already shredded 1000 litres of peat based compost in readiness more on this when I have planted them.  
I also sowed 2 plastic bottle recycling bins with Beetroot and Radishes. I filed these with shredded compost and added some tev 4,these are for the table but  also will hopefully give me an idea when to sow the show ones.

2 comments:

  1. Your shallots are way ahead of mine, they've not split out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damo I started them a bit early, and there is heat in the tunnel where they were before I planted them out. I have remouved the outer dead bits and thined them about a week ago, but dont worry there is still plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete