Search This Blog

Contributors

Sunday 26 September 2010

NVS West Yorkshire District Association show & Smithy












First of all I will get it out of the way and congratulate Smithy on beating some Welsh veg Grower who's name escapes me at Malvern, well done Mate. My fortunes yesterday were not as good. I decided to stage my onions and a few other bits at the West Yorkshire NVS district association Autumn Show in Leeds the home of Leeds United. On arrival it became obvious that I may be a little out of my depth but as I had spent £5 on petrol I decided to table my exhibits. The classes I entered were Onions under 250g twice, 5 potatoes Coloured , 3 different varieties of Potatoes 3 of each,Tomatoes, Cucumber,and a collection of four veg on an 18" X 18" base not to exceed 16 points. I chose Garlic Peppers Beetroot and French beans at the time I was under the impression that Garlic was a 15 point veg, it would appear my advisor from the Midlands got it wrong! this cost me a card only a third but it would have been the only one of the day. The onions looked as good as the rest mine are the ones on the front Left in the photo so I was disappointed with the result on them. All my other exhibits were well beaten by far superior veg. I would say that the whole thing was well organised and supported with Quality veg and Flowers but then it was in Yorkshire. enough said

No comments:

Post a Comment