Search This Blog

Contributors

Saturday 18 September 2010

Harrogate

Visited the Harrogate Autumn show today what an experience, there was one thing that really caught  my eye in particular it was a stump root Carrot called Abaco. The photo is from the 3 stump and 3 long Carrots class there were around a dozen exhibits on the table all the stumps were Sweet Candle except for these which scored the highest points (17) I duly went across to Exhibition Seeds Stand and bought some seeds.
I will still grow Sweet Candle to see which I prefer they are not as long but are a really nice shape with a smoother  finish. there were some cracking leeks and Onions I now need to get some Pendle Improved from somewhere and some decent Onion seed.
I did gain some confidence in the fact that had I exhibited my Vento Onions they would have almost certainly got a card there were in my opinion none to touch them so I will be entering them next week at the NVS West Yorkshire da. show next week and will se what happens.
there were other areas where I may have picked up cards and I will be concentrating on these next year all in all a cracking day out some snapshots of the day can be seen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment