Search This Blog

Contributors

Monday 10 May 2010

Long Beetroot
















Today I decided to make use of some lenghths of 6" diameter pipes which I picked up for 99p on Ebay. As it is now a bit late to sow Carrots or Parsips for showing, I decided to plant them up with Long Beetroot. I made a mix with Vermiculite This again was from Ebay I bought the wrong stuff it was quite large so I had to blend it up in the blender it ended up fine nearly like dust. To the Vermiculite I added sieved Compost and sieved Bagged Topsoil to this I added vitax Q4, Super Phosphate, Sulphate of Potash and Calcified Seaweed. Not measured accurately just a handfull of each, it took 20 Litres to fill each tube I then sowed 2 Medwyns Long Beet seeds to each tube its just a case of see what happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment