Search This Blog

Contributors

Friday 2 September 2016

Giant veg

Its been a long time but now I feel I have the time and enthusiasm to start posting on here again.I have become more interested in growing giant veg as well as the normal stuff. currently I am looking forward to Harrogate and have just filled in the entry form which is mainly for the giant veg side of things I have a giant cabbage which looks promising as its bigger than the one I entered last year and came a close second to Ian Neale who holds several world records.



I also have a cucumber for the long class which is currently at 24'' and still growing.


Then there are Parsnips for the heaviest class.





And tomatoes for the Gigantimo championship which I have managed to get to 1lb 7oz


I also have runner beans at around 25'' for the longest class.

Last weekend was our local village show which has been going for over 100 years and was well supported this year. I myself entered. 43 exibits and won 19 firsts 12 seconds and 3 thirds which gave me 7 trophies some photos of my firsts are below.












 More to follow soon


No comments:

Post a Comment